J1 Summer Work and Travel - USA
Registration Now Open!
Please register early to secure your first choice job.
Thank you for choosing e-JAM! Before deciding to participate in the J1 Work & Travel Program, it is important that you carefully read all information pertaining to the program, including e-JAM’s Terms & Conditions.
There are no more office visits, registration is online only!
About The Program
The US J1 Visa Summer Work and Travel Program allows eligible International college and university students the opportunity to live temporarily, work and experience the American culture for up to four months during their school break. Apart from earning money, it provides students a chance to make friends from various parts of the world and gain international work experience, an addition to their resume.
Program Fees - US $1,455.00
$100 Discount for Participants who were successfully enrolled in e-JAM’s 2020 J1 Work & Travel Summer Season.
- Guaranteed job placement
- US SEVIS Fee
- Visa Sponsorship (Issuance of DS-2019 Form - needed to apply for the J1 Visa)
- Medical insurance
- Pre-arranged housing
- On-going support throughout the program
Non-Refundable Registration Fee - JA $2,500.00
Students are required to pay a non-refundable Registration Fee in order to be considered as a potential participant. It is important to note that not all students who apply will be accepted on the program, or guaranteed a job.
• J-1 visa voucher fee – US$160.00
• Air Fare to the US - varies
• Housing deposits - varies
• Spending money of at least US$1,500 to support yourself prior to receiving your first paycheck
Participants must meet all the below requirements for eligibility:
• Enrolled full-time in a college, or university
• Between the ages of 18 and 29
• Actively pursuing a degree course for a minimum of two years
• Able to afford full program fee, travel expenses, plus a minimum of US$1,500 spending money to cover initial living expenses
• Willing to work hard, perform the duties outlined in the job description and agree to abide by the program rules
• Able to stay in the United States through the duration of the program
• A passport size photograph (professional and smiling)
• An updated resume
• A copy of your passport - including any previously issued USA visas (must be valid up to six (6) months after return date)
• Proof of Student Status - an official letter verifying enrollment and attending an accredited College/University and available to work during my university summer break, (May to September).