Slide 1
e-JAM Overseas
UK: Work Visa Program
Apply to work in UK as a Skilled Worker with the possibility of becoming a permanent resident.
Learn More
Register Now!

Jobs in the United Kingdom


e-JAM offers jobs in the UK for Skilled workers

Applicants applying for a Skilled position must have special skills, knowledge and training relevant to the job they are applying for. Can be a college graduate, or learned their skills on the job with a number of years’ experience.

A Skilled Worker Visa allows you to work in the UK with an approved employer under the Tier 2 General Work Visa. Employers are licensed sponsors, generally with job contracts 1-3 years and which can be renewed.

As a holder of Tier 2 General Work Visa, you can work and stay in the UK for up to 60 months; leave and re-enter; study and once settled, can bring your family as dependents and apply to stay longer. After working continuously in the UK under a Tier 2 visa, you may be eligible to apply for settlement after five (5) years, but unable to receive public funds until you are a permanent resident.

e-JAM Currently Serves Businesses & Institutions that require:


  1. All Levels


  1. Executive Chef
  2. Sous Chef
  3. Chef De Partie

(The job cannot be in a fast-food outlet, a standard fare outlet, or an establishment, which provides a take away service).


  1. Practical Nurses
  2. Registered Nurses

e-JAM, upon receipt of your application, will begin the process of evaluating your qualifications for participation in the program. Once determined that you meet the program’s qualifications your application will be forwarded to our UK partners for a pre-screening interview before deciding to present to potential employer(s).

If your interview with an employer result in an offer of employment, you will need to apply for a Tier 2 Visa, which will allow you to enter into and temporarily remain in the UK.

e-JAM will assist you in obtaining the Tier 2 Visa and in processing documents with the British Consulate in Jamaica. You will be required to complete various forms and agreements, including a medical examination and police clearance examination.

  1. Three - Five (3-5) years, or more relevant experience in a role of at least equivalent status to the one you are entering. Experience must be in the same role as the job you are applying for
  2. Verifiable employer references confirming the above experience on Company’s letterhead covering at least five years of employment. The references must have the telephone number, email, website, date and signature of the previous employer
  3. Your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  4. A current passport, or travel document to prove you can travel, you need a blank page in your passport for your visa
  5. Completed Medical questionnaire
  6. Tuberculosis Test results
  7. Police clearance


You will be responsible for paying all fees charged by the UK Government to process the Tier 2 Visa. Fees, although subject to change are usually the following:

Provide prove of support when you arrive in the UK – Bank statements in your name showing at least £1,270.00 in your bank account 90 days prior to applying.  Some employers are considered “A” rated which means they will cover this cost.

The standard Visa Application Fee - £610.00, depending on your circumstances.

Healthcare Surcharge £624 per year (depending on the duration of your contract).  Note:  Currently Healthcare Surcharge fee is not required for Healthcare workers.

We suggest you visit the UK Governments website to get a full understanding of fees and application requirements - -

You are ultimately responsible for your housing arrangements during your stay in the UK. In most case your employer will have pre-arranged housing available.  The amount of the housing payment can vary from employer to employer, and by what part of the country in which you will be working. The actual cost of the housing will be listed on the formal offer letter you will be required to sign prior to departing for the UK.

In order to be eligible to participate in the UK Tier 2 Skilled Program, it requires being able to afford the fees for the Visa, Health Charge and Flight. 

To start the process you first need to register and submit the following documents:
  1. Completed e-JAM Registration Form
  2. An updated resume
  3. Copy of passport (valid up to 6-months after return date), including any previously issued visas
  4. Head shot passport size photograph (face camera directly and smile)
*Once your registration is completed, you will be contacted and given additional information on how to proceed with your application.