7 IMPORTANT RESUME TIPS WHEN APPLYING FOR A JOB
Employers get 1000’s of resumes per job, if they are not able to decipher whether you are a potential candidate within seconds, your resume will be rejected.
The best way to avoid disappointment is to read the job description carefully. The below are seven common mistakes applicants make. Be sure not to fall prey to any of the following:
- The job requires 3-5 years experience and you only have one year.
- Your experience does not fit the position.
- Your resume shows large gaps in employment, well over a year, without an explanation, such as: volunteer work, training, etc.
- Your resume is not correctly formatted; there are typos, spelling and grammatical errors.
- Your resume doesn’t include past achievements and accomplishments.
- You have an inappropriate email address listed on your resume (ie: sexyjane @gmail.com or bobbythebully @gmail.com).
- You list your job title, but not job functions.
In this competitive market, a professional resume will help increase your chances of getting a job.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR RESUME?