The Trainee & Internship Program places young professionals in various fields in the United States. It offers an opportunity for the individuals to work and further their studies in top hotels, resorts and healthcare facilities for six, twelve, or eighteen months.
e-JAM works in conjunction with J1 USA Sponsors, in securing Training and Internship placements for qualified Jamaicans with approved host employers.
J1 TRAINING Requirements:
• Must have a degree, or professional certificate with at least one year of prior related work experience in his/her occupational field.
• Or, must have at least five years of related-work experience gained outside the United States in his/her occupational field.
J1 INTERNSHIP Requirements:
• Must be currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree level, or certificate granting post–secondary academic institution outside the United States.
• Or, must have graduated from such school within 12 months of the start of their internship.
For both programs applicants must:
• Apply for programs related only to their studies and/or professional experience
• Demonstrate English proficiency
• Participate in a Skype, or in-person interview
• Apply for compulsory Sickness and Accident Insurance
• Apply for the J-1 visa in their home country
• Enter the U.S. on the J-1 visa (change of status within the U.S. is not permitted)
In most cases the following will also be required:
• Proof of work experience - supporting the dates you worked for employers and the duties you performed
• Participant’s essay
• Proof of education completed
• Certified copy of certificate, degree, or diploma; OR
Official letter from post-secondary educational institution confirming graduation date, and educational level completed (degree/certificate/diploma), and field of study: OR
• Official Transcript from post-secondary educational institution - Police Background Check
Host properties hire throughout the year, therefore there is not an application deadline. As soon as e-JAM is informed of an opening, we begin sending resumes of qualified candidates for recruiters to review, select and arrange for interview.
RATES OF PAY, HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
It is difficult to provide exact information regarding pay rate, housing and transportation as it varies, based on location and the cost of living in the area. Prior to an interview, host details including pay rate, housing and transportation are outlined.
FEE & REFUND POLICY
JA$2,500.00 (or US$25.00) – Non Refundable
Program Fee is determine by the length of the program.
It can either be paid in full, or in instalments.
If Paid in Full
Fee Ranges from - US$2,100 to US$2500.00
Pay As You Earn
An initial deposit of - US$1,600.00 is required
There will be a monthly fee of US$100.00 charged until the end of the program. Fee is paid in monthly installments via credit card, or PayPal.
Program Fee Includes:
• Placement in a paid Training/Internship Program
• Visa Form Processing and Issuing of DS2019 Form
• Pre-departure materials for preparing for a successful program
• Continuous program support throughout your program
• Course Manuals and Professional Certification Program
• Orientation and other pre-departure advisory services
Additional Program Related Fees:
• Medical Insurance for the duration of program, approximately US$1.35 per day (dates on DS Form)
• Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee - US$180.00
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application at the US Embassy in Jamaica – US$160.00
• Travel Expenses, Housing Deposit and Entertainment
A Deposit of US$1,100 – US$1,500.00 is required immediately after our Sponsor confirms that you meet the criteria to participate in the J1 Training/Internship Program and will be applied towards the program fee.
Balance of program fee is due after receiving job placement letter and prior to your embassy appointment.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
US$500.00 Non-Refundable if a candidate should cancel for any reason after application is accepted.
NO REFUND of Program Fee if cancel after DS-2019 Form is issued.
US$600.00 will be deducted from Program Fee if you are denied the J1 Visa at the embassy.
NO REFUND of Program Fee once you arrive in the US, or if terminated from your employment due to performance, or rule violations.
Cancellation must be done in writing and emailed, or faxed to E-JAM’s office. Refund payable within 60 days.
STEPS TO APPLY
To start the process you first need to register and submit the following documents:
• Completed e-JAM Registration Form
• An updated resume
• Copy of passport (valid up to 6-months after return date), including any previously issued USA visas
• Head shot passport size photograph (face camera directly and smile)
• Bank receipt copy of JA$2,500 Non-Refundable Registration Fee
Once your registration is completed, you will be contacted and given additional information on how to proceed with your application.