Frequently Asked Questions - work in jamaica

FAQs - work in jamaica

Persons seeking to obtain a work permit are required to make an application to the Work Permit Section of the Jamaica Ministry of Labour and Social Security through their prospective employer, contractor (individuals), the Jamaica Promotions Corporation (Jampro – Investors) or through legal representation.   For more information –

E-JAM, Employment Jamaica, Ltd. has been in the business of overseas recruitment since 2005. We have placed many Jobseekers in various positions to satisfied employers across the Jamaica, United States, UAE, and Canada.

No, you are not obligated to retain the immigration services offered through E-JAM.  It is advisable to use such a service because of their expertise and knowledge in immigration matters.  They provide representation services for applicants before the Canadian Embassy, i.e. preparation of application forms and all supporting documentation; follow up, when necessary, with Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials regarding the status of application; assistance and advice in preparation for interview with visa officials (should an interview be necessary) and answer any questions an applicant may have regarding her/his visa application.

Please note that it is not the responsibility of E-JAM, or your prospective employer to process your immigration application; it is your responsibility.  E-JAM’s experience is that using such a service increases the chance of obtaining a work permit. 

Contact Us

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

  Contact Form

  876-974-3526 (JM)
  954-272-8233 (US)

WhatsApp 954-348-3040

About e-JAM

e-JAM is an experienced employment agency located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica since 2005  We are licensed by the Ministry of Labour to recruit workers for local and overseas employment.


Word On The Street...

More Info


Call 1-954-272-8233