Frequently Asked Questions - Visa

FAQs - Visa

There is no guarantee that once you have a confirmed job that you will be granted a visa; this is subject to INS and Embassy/Consulate approval.

TAGS: visa, work permit

You meet the criteria for a J-1 exchange visitor visa if you are going to the United States as a student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, medical graduate or international visitor who is participating in a program of studies, training research or cultural enrichment specifically designed for such individuals by the United States Department of State, through its Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs –

TAGS: j1

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services, or labor in positions that would otherwise go unfilled.

Employers must be labor certified by their State Labor Department and the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.  They must demonstrate that they have either a one-time, seasonal, peak-load or intermittent basis and can only hire H-2B workers if qualified U.S, workers are not available to do the job.


There are NO fees involved in going on the H-2B Program (Regulatory changes in 2008 prohibit the employer, its attorney and agent to receive payment from workers relating to H-2B Employment)

H-2B Employers are responsible for paying – agency recruitment fees and the workers’ transportation and visa voucher fees.  H-2B workers are responsible for all their housing costs and related expenses.

TAGS: Cost

Contact Us

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

  Contact Form


About e-JAM

e-JAM is an experienced employment agency located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica since 2005  We are licensed by the Ministry of Labour to recruit workers for local and overseas employment.


Word On The Street...