Frequently Asked Questions - H-2B

FAQs - H-2B

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services, or labor in positions that would otherwise go unfilled.

Employers must be labor certified by their State Labor Department and the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.  They must demonstrate that they have either a one-time, seasonal, peak-load or intermittent basis and can only hire H-2B workers if qualified U.S, workers are not available to do the job.

TAGS: H-2B, Visa

There are NO fees involved in going on the H-2B Program (Regulatory changes in 2008 prohibit the employer, its attorney and agent to receive payment from workers relating to H-2B Employment)

H-2B Employers are responsible for paying – agency recruitment fees and the workers’ transportation and visa voucher fees.  H-2B workers are responsible for all their housing costs and related expenses.

TAGS: Cost

Once you travel back to Jamaica you will need a new H-2B visa in order to return.  Your current H-2B visa is assigned for a specific job with an end date and is only legal for working at that job.

Yes, you can, but there is no guarantee when you will get a job as the H-2B jobs are few and hundreds of workers apply for these jobs.  Bear in mind that the employer decides who they want to hire from the selection of candidates put forward, plus it also depends if the state you prefer has H-2B jobs available.

Contact Us

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

  Contact Form


About e-JAM

e-JAM is an experienced employment agency located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica since 2005  We are licensed by the Ministry of Labour to recruit workers for local and overseas employment.


Word On The Street...