Many people believe that New Years is the perfect time to start thinking about changes and looking for a job. They believe that during December companies are caught up with holiday vacations and rewriting budgets and not focusing on hiring.
If finding a new job is on your list of resolutions there is no better time to start preparing than now. We at e-JAM believe that December is the ideal time to start your job hunt instead of waiting until January. Employers have already anticipated their staffing needs for 2018 and preparing to start recruiting for the New Year.
Reasons to get started
- Less Competition – Since most candidates will be taking a holiday break and spending less time seeking employment, it is easier to stand out from the crowd.
- Recruiters are less pressured and in a better mood – The festive season always put people in a better mind-set, which makes it a lot easier to secure an interview.
Finding a job takes work and requires certain tools that will enable you to stand out and be ahead of the competition. Before you get started, consider how you can become an ideal candidate.
Ways to Become the Ideal Candidate for 2018
You must be clear about the following:
- Your Professional Goals and skills - What you want out of a job and the type of job that you are skilled to do.
- Your strengths and speciality areas? Employers are not seeking “Jack of all trades”, type candidates; they prefer candidates with specific skills, or strength in their particular field of work.
- Your elevator pitch – Are you ready to articulate and promote yourself briefly to an employer, highlighting your skills and accomplishments?
If you are clear on the type of job you want and are prepared in doing the work that it entails and willing to take action to stand out, then you will definitely succeed.
However, if you are unclear on how best to start the process and need help, we at e-JAM have developed a basic plan that will help to jump-start your job search: resume and LinkedIn profile assistance and career coaching to identify your goals, objectives and skills. Please contact us if you would like to be come the ideal candidate employers are looking for and jump-start your career for 2018.
For more on becoming the ideal candidate check out our series on How e-JAM is Raising the Bar on Recruitment