The H2B visa program allows employers in the US to bring in seasonal, unskilled non-agricultural workers to fill positions they could not fill otherwise due to lack of local availability. Every year 66,O00 visas are made available to workers from all over the globe to persons looking to work in the US.
According to recent reports from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Overseas Employment Programs were responsible for the employment of 16,310 Jamaican Nationals for the fiscal year 2016- 17; many on the H-2B Visa Program.
Did You Know that with an H-2B Visa you can:
• Enter the U.S. for temporary work and enjoy all employee benefits
• Allows your dependents to stay with you in the U.S.
• Travel freely in and out of the U.S. on H-2B visa
• Change jobs if you can show a new job offer
This visa comes with restrictions and limitations:
• The job must be temporary in nature and one year or less. The employer's need may not be ongoing or continuous
• The employer has the responsibility of establishing the facts necessary to support that the need is a one-time occurrence, seasonal, peak load or intermittent
• H-2B time counts whether you are in the U.S. or abroad
• H-2B dependents may not work in the U.S.
The H-2B Visa Program is limited in number and open to applicants from all over the world. Take advantage of the H2B Program through e-JAM. Apply today.