It doesn’t have to be…..the key is writing an informative job description and having trained interviewers who are prepared and able to sell your company’s brand and culture.
Despite high unemployment, Employers are still having difficulty finding the right fit, especially for key roles that demand specialized skills.
Candidates who have the right skills, experiences and match the job roles are not necessarily ideal. Employers are now looking for more, namely candidates with the required personality and a combination of soft skills; such as leadership qualities, being able to perform well under stress, can get along with other team members, willing to learn, take the initiative, ask questions and so on.
Employers who demand more must state those additional requirements in their job description.
10 Things To Consider:
1. Identify skills, qualities, education and past experiences which are required, including soft skills, then make sure these are clearly outlined in the job advertisement.
2. Application process should be clearly stated.
3. Interviewers should be well trained, have a good understanding of the job role.
4. Interview questions should invoke responses which help in providing evidence of the candidate's positive behaviour in prior jobs and whether they were able to get along with other team members.
5. It should be clearly outlined that there is a high value placed on work ethics, attitude, motivation, the personality and other attributes fitting your business culture.
6. Give a clear understanding of the cultural aspects of the organization.
7. Outline clearly benefits, perks and other elements of the compensation package being offered.
8. The company's Website and Social Media sites should highlight the company’s brand and reputation as an employer.
9. Demonstrate the opportunity for candidates to be promoted to other challenging and rewarding jobs
10. Partnering with a qualified recruitment agency that can match candidates' profile with your job description.
E-JAM believes that the right candidates are available, but employers must:
- Be willing to be more flexible and consider offering some training for the near perfect candidates
- Be willing to pay for top talent
- Be mindful that it is a two-way street, top talented candidates are also looking for certain attributes when looking for a job, such as:
a. A company with a good reputation for rewarding and developing employees.
b. Competitive compensation and benefits
c. Opportunities which are challenging and befitting contemporary lifestyles.
d. An opportunity to learn and grow
E-AM is a recruitment agency that combines modern online recruitment with the personal ingredients of traditional recruitment. Our goal in assisting our clients is not just to find applicants to "fill a job", but to search and present qualified pre-screened candidates that match employers' job criteria and those worthy of being interviewed. Our process eliminates time wasted in filtering, assessing and matching applicants.
We are always evaluating our recruitment strategies and investing much time to incorporate innovative and creative ideas in reaching, recruiting and evaluating candidates. In order to better service our clients we are offering a 14 days FREE job posting plan to companies in lieu of completing our online survey. Your feedback will help us to serve you better as we continue to grow and improve.